Friday, November 4, 2011

30 days of gratitude...DAY 2

Day two...

My husband, Ben.


I've been asked quite a few times how we got along so well (seriously, we rarely have arguments and we've never EVER called each other a bad name or raised our voices at each other). The answer is simple. We are compatible and respectful. I didn't marry an @sshole and he didn't marry a b!tch. It's that simple.
We've also got a little bit of the "opposites attract" thing going on.

We met in college...he was a jock and I was an art major.
He'd never even set foot in my building.

I'm funny, he laughs at my jokes.
I'm loud, he's calm.
I'm messy, he's clean.
I'm weird, he's normal.

I'm chocolate moose tracks ice cream, he's apple pie (thanks for that, Kate!)

When it comes to the big things, though, we tend to agree.
For example...we agree on how to raise the kids, morals, etc.

I love him with all my heart and he's the most considerate and thoughtful man I've ever met.
He would get up in the middle of the night and drive an hour to get me Tums if I asked him to. Seriously.


2 comments:

  1. Awww that is really sweet! You guys are a great couple and your love and respect for each other shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my top 4 stories about your husband:

    The day was blustery and grey. It was in NM, about mid-high 50* and he knocked on my door to tell me he'd washed my car and he hoped that was all right. A) Mid-high 50s in my head screams outrageously cold. B) I hadn't even noticed my car was dirty (until I saw the gleam it now sported.) C) I'm pretty sure i was in YOUR living room while he was washing it and I never noticed.

    ReplyDelete